Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dr. Tae Yun Kim- An Introduction to Silent Master


As part of my teaching, I hold Self-discovery Weekends where people explore and express themselves through many different energizing activities. the purpose of these weekends is to give people an opportunity to open up, to love themselves in a more expansive way, and most importantly, to discover more of their true Self. Most of each weekend is spent outdoors in beautiful, remote areas of nature.

I remember that during one of these weekends, while everyone was seated in a circle after completing some breathing exercises, a large butterfly flew into the circle and alighted on my arm.

This charming and fascinating visitor seemed to have a mission. I invited him to step on my hand, and he did so without making any gesture to leave. He stretched his beautiful wings and waved them gently at everyone who came close to look. Even when I stood up and moved around, he still didn't fly away.

Like the butterfly, we had a mission as well. we were gathered together on this day for the purpose of true self-discovery. It seemed as though this beautiful little visitor came to say, "Look at me if you want to know about self-discovery." Perhaps his mission was to remind us of the powerful symbol nature gives us when a lowly, drab caterpillar transforms itself into a multicolored winged being. No longer bound to crawl upon the earth, an altogether different creature flies to the air in freedom!

No comments: